[Users] How to login to Outlook 365?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 00:49:14 CET 2022

On Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:04:45 +0100
"Jakub T. Jankiewicz" <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:

> The hash had the error message:
>
> error=invalid_request&error_description=AADSTS50194: Application
> '<my client ID>'(Claws-Mail) is not configured as a
> multi-tenant application. Usage of the /common endpoint is not
> supported for such applications created after '10/15/2018'. Use a
> tenant-specific endpoint or configure the application to be
> multi-tenant. ...

DM: Hi, Jakub. I can confirm that MS Exchange with 0Auth2 is working
for me with Claws v4.1.1git11 and I also had it working on v4.1.0 until
I upgraded. After reviewing the instructions in the FAQ and looking at
the error above, what I would do next is to double-check that you have
done the following correctly in the section "Step 2: Register Claws
Mail as a new app":

* 1. Third bullet point "'set Supported account types to the most
  premissive option: Accounts in any organizational directory and
  personal Microsoft accounts'"

* 2. Fourth bullet point "set Redirect URI to 'Public client/native' and
  'http://127.0.0.1:8888'"

DM: And then perhaps (under "Step 3: Configure the app") do the second
bullet point "make sure the
'https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/nativeclient' is
checked, and that the redirect URI is there". If you have more than one
MS Exchange account, it may also be worth checking to make sure that
the account you used to set up Claws Mail as an app on Azure is the
same as the one you are trying to set up in Claws.

DM: I don't have a deep knowledge of the details of how all these
things work, but that's what I would try based on the information
you've provided. If that still doesn't work, then I would recommend
going through the setup process again, making detailed notes of each
step that you do. If, at the end of that, it doesn't work, then post
those notes back here, in case someone on the list is able to spot a
possible problem point in the process. Hope that helps, ---Dustin