[Users] How to change sorting behavior of all folders

Enan Ajmain 3nan.ajmain at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 16:55:24 UTC 2022

I used to sort with date in descending order, so newer messages will be
at the top. But when reading a thread, it contradicted the natural
top-down manner of reading texts. So I decided to change it to date in
_ascending_ order.

I changed the setting from the menubar:

    View -> Sort -> Date / Ascending

But it only applied to the currently selected folder. Then I changed the
settings in

    Configuration -> Preferences -> Display -> Summaries -> Defaults
    | Sort by Date Ascending

But this, as acknowledged by the header of the submenu, appears to apply
for new folders.

How then can I change the sorting manner of all the current folders?

P.S. I am also on the lookout for a good setting for sorting. Is date
in ascending order a good option? What do you use?

--
Enan