[Users] expired OAuth2 token treated as still fresh, will not update

Dan N dhn2-linux at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Nov 9 01:55:05 UTC 2022

On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 12:47:47 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> DM: Thanks for sharing your experience, Dan. I'm dipping my toe a bit
> into the world of debugging and so I found what you wrote interesting
> rather than just 'over-my-head'. :) Would you mind sharing the gdb
> command you used to set the breakpoint in this instance, or at least
> how you determined where the breakpoint needed to be and how to
> represent that in the command? I've seen other examples, but I think one
> that applies specifically to Claws would be interesting / helpful for
> me.
> >
> > and when triggered I printed the expiry value, set it to 0 and
> > continued.
> >
> DM: Would also be interested in the one or more commands / actions you
> used to accomplish this step. Thanks, ---Dustin

I'm not a good teacher so I recommend any generic gdb tutorial and make
backups before doing anything.  Here's the commands I used for my issue:

gdb ./claws-mail  (use debugging compiled version in current directory)
l oauth2.c:634    (list source with line numbers)
b oauth2.c:635    (set breakpoint on line after variable is assigned)
r                 (run from beginning until breakpoint)
p expiry          (print variable)
set variable expiry = 0
c                 (continue)