[Users] My account on Yahoo does not work

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 10:24:52 UTC 2022

On Thu, 26 May 2022 19:23:47 +1000, Peter Richards wrote:
>On Thu, 26 May 2022 10:48:27 +0200 Javier Villate wrote:
>> I can't get my Yahoo account to work. I have tried everything. Claws
>> will not connect to my Yahoo account.
>
>What are the message/s from the network log ?

Hi,

POP or IMAP?

Server settings:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/pop-access-settings-instructions-yahoo-mail-sln4724.html
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/imap-server-settings-yahoo-mail-sln4075.html
App password and 2-step verification
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/generate-manage-third-party-passwords-sln15241.html
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/-step-verification-security-key-sln35380.html
Troubleshooting:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/send-receive-yahoo-email-third-party-sln28104.html

The server settings are straightforward. I don't remember if you need
to allow POP access or "insecure" third party mail clients or something
like that (I didn't re-read the links above ;).

However, sometimes the app password needs to be deleted and generated
again. The other day I couldn't generate an app password for one of my
Yahoo/Rocketmail accounts anymore. I needed to enable 2-step
verification and after that I was able to generate a new app password
again.

On my I Pad Pro I installed OTP Auth [1] and SAASPASS [2]. On my old
iPad 2 only SAASPASS [2] works. On my iPad Pro I also installed Yahoo
Mail [3]. I don't own a mobile number, only a landline number. IIRC I
needed one authentication app and the Yahoo Mail app, but I might be
mistaken and it might be way easier with a mobile number.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
https://apps.apple.com/de/app/otp-auth/id659877384?l=en