[Users] several Aliases (from: address chooser) when sending possible?

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Mon May 9 10:36:05 UTC 2022

On Mon,  9 May 2022 10:27:59 +0000
petka <plz at posteo.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> I use several email aliases for the same email account.
> in thunderbird there is a feature called "Identities" to support
> sending emails from different e-mail addresses, all related to the
> same inbox. is there any way i can do it from claws?

Hi,

in Claws Mail, there is something like smtp only account - account used
only for sending mail. It is possible, as an alternative, rewrite From
header while writing mail. This could be done manually or via some
scripting - standard Python plugin works well, if you can use it (but
requires some programming knowledge), I wrote Lua plugin as well (not
in standard distribution, requires building from sources at the moment).

Regards,
Milan