[Users] Does CM strip signatures in replies?

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sat May 7 15:10:35 UTC 2022

On Sat, 07 May 2022 14:54:53 +0000
Bob Williams <usenet at karmasailing.uk> wrote:

Hello Bob,

>Has anyone else noticed this behaviour in CM?

It's not CM.  Wherever you come across sig separators that are broken
(and therefore ignored by CM) it's because either;

a) the sender transmits a broken separator (usually no trailing space)
b) the sender's MUA strips the trailing space
c) the sender has some MTA on their machine that strips the space
d) any of a number of things that aren't CM and I haven't thought of

I am amused to see that certain individuals around the 'net, that have
used email for donkeys years, and should know better, still emit borked
separators.  I've even come across one person that *knew* theirs was
broken and refused to correct it when asked to do so.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"