[Users] Gtk warnings when launching Claws Mail from a terminal window in KDE [SOLVED]

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:30:29 UTC 2022

Hey there,

Brad Rogers wrote:

>Navigate to /usr/share/applications
>
>Copy (do not 'move') the claws-mail.desktop file to
>~/.local/share/applications
>
>Open the newly copied .desktop file (i.e the one in your
>.local/applications directory) in a text editor
>
>and add the line;
>
>Exec=env GTK_THEME=your_theme_here claws-mail %u
>
>to the [Desktop Entry] section

Got it, and got your other message about editing it instead since it
already exists.

>Obviously, the theme you select has to be one that's actually
>installed.
>
>Close CM, start it again, et voila!
>
>This trick can be applied to any GTK app, BTW.

Perfect. Now my Claws Mail is ugly, but serviceable (using that Emacs
GTK theme) and all my other GTK programs can fully use my beautiful
hot pink Breeze theme unimpeded. I also replaced %u in the command
with --select inbox to force Claws Mail to open the inbox when it
loads, which takes care of the issue that started this little journey
of exploration.

Thank you so much, Brad. I'll keep these instructions for any
future programs that don't see eye-to-eye with my KDE theme.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.