[Users] Building Claws on Windows 10

wishful99 at btinternet.com wishful99 at btinternet.com
Mon May 2 11:24:58 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am hoping to build a Claws installation .exe to run on Win32, and am a tad confused!

I have cloned claws-win32-installer.git and am trying to follow the instructions in the
README.

Please can someone confirm whether the instructions are for running under native
Windows? I thought at first they were, but I'm now having second thoughts!

The alternative is building with a Linux clone under Windows Linux Subsystem, but
having read the recent threads on build issues on Ubuntu 20.4 LTS (the subsystem I've
installed) I wonder whether that's likely to be any more straightforward?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Rosemary Lockie