[Users] Word munging?

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Fri Mar 25 16:52:05 UTC 2022

I've been noticing that many sentences in an email get munged together. What I mean is that an
incoming email will have a sentence that has wrapped in whatever client it was sent in, and claws
is unwrapping it but not keeping a space between the original last word of one line and first word
in the wrapped sequel. To be clear, I'll cemonstrate using this paragraph as an example.

Writer generates this:

I've been noticing that many sentences in an email
get munged together. What I mean is that an incoming
email will have a sentence that has wrapped in whatever
client it was sent in, and claws is unwrapping it but
not keeping a space between the original last word of
one line and first word in the wrapped sequel. To be
clear, I'll cemonstrate using this paragraph as an
example.

Claws is showing me this:

I've been noticing that many sentences in an emailget munged together.
What I mean is that an incomingemail will have a sentence that has
wrapped in whateverclient it was sent in, and claws is unwrapping it
but not keeping a space between the original last word of one line and
first word in the wrapped sequel. To beclear, I'll cemonstrate using
this paragraph as anexample.

I've deliberately kept the line length shorter here so whatever you are viewing this in doesn't further mess it up potentially.

So my question is, is there a way to change this so when re-wrapping it doesn't lose the implied space at the end of the line breaks?

While I think I have an understanding of the mechanism here, it might be incorrect. There are a certain number of cases I encounter where the munging seems to occur near the beginning of a line. Here's one from a guy's signature this morning:

"Thebest way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating 30 percent of their icecream."  Bill Murray

When I view that email in Thunderbird it does not munge "The best" into "Thebest".

Thanks.

--Jeff