[Users] OAUTH: Figuring out where I went wrong ( step by step )

c. marlow claws at cwm030.com
Fri Mar 25 14:58:10 UTC 2022

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 14:48:09 +0000
"David Fletcher" <David at megapico.co.uk> wrote:

> You almost certainly can't change to Published, or In Production -
> this requires the security verification process to be undertaken. But
> if this was completed it would not give everyone access to your
> email! It would be about the application being recognised as allowed
> to connect to Gmail for any user (but to their own email, not yours).

ah, okay.

> I think there's two processes interacting here. If you reset your
> Google password it effectively logs you out of any existing OAUTH2
> connections and requires you to re-authenticate. When you talk about
> a secret password being valid for a limited amount of time, is
> resetting that causing your OAUTH2 authentication to also be reset?

I haven't done a password reset on the whole google account. This is a
brand new Google account that I am using.

I did notice under Paul's reply to Dusty... under RECEIVE, I can
change the connection preference from AUTOMATIC to plain, OAUTH,
etc.... I changed it to OAUTH...  But now when trying to re
authenticate the OAUTH Client ID and secret key I am taken to a webpage
that says 400 BAD REQUEST....

Thanks,
Chris

Please send ALL off list messages to Chris at CWM030.com

Claws 4.0.0
Fedora 35
Gnome 3