[Users] Updated OAuth2 FAQ Page

Rosemary Lockie wishful99 at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 25 07:37:26 UTC 2022

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:32:17 +0600.
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trouble-shooting:
>   1. It's possible / probable that Gmail will 'complain' about giving
> access to an unverified third-party app. If this keeps you from using
> Claws to access your Gmail, you may need to login to Gmail's webmail
> and change your security settings there to allow access to
> 'less-secure' third-party apps.

Dustin,

Thank you very much for your work in updating the FAQ, an excellent guide. :-)

I would just like to comment on the Trouble-shooting section, above, if I may.

Google will be withdrawing the option to allow access to 'less secure' 3rd party apps, in
May this year.

I have however found a way to get round Google's "complaint" another way.

Having logged into My Account (https://myaccount.google.com/), one of the "tiles" said
"You have Security Recommendations".

Following the link to "Protect my Account", I get a screen indicating Claws has
access, and inviting me to "Remove risky access to your data".  Clicking on the three
vertical dots offers the option to "Dismiss", which when I clicked on it, did, literally
dismiss the warning. And the following day, when I checked my a/c again, I found it now
says "The Security Check-Up examinbed your account and found no recommended actions."

I don't know whether, if I'd not Dismissed it, I would, in due course, have experienced a
problem, but figured at this stage I'd rather not find out! :-)))

Kind Regards,
Rosemary Lockie