[Users] Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 02:37:18 UTC 2022

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:43:41 +0000, Richard wrote:
>The biggest issue that I see, from discussions on mail provider
>mailing lists, is that some providers are careless when it comes to
>dmarc, spf, Rdns, etc., especially with IPv6 addressing. Given the
>volume that the big providers deal with, if a message doesn't pass
>these basics they don't want to spend time trying to figure out if
>it's legit or not so put it in spam. At least there the user can get
>to it.

Hi,

only one of my email accounts is doing everything right [1]! This is an
email account at https://riseup.net/en/email/settings/mail-accounts .

Since I deliberately don't have got a smartphone, it became
impossible for me to get a new email account by most providers. Riseup
and other activists' web services require an invitation, so it's not
possible to everyone to easily get an account there, but you don't need
to tell them your mobile number. However, within FLOSS communities the
rate of activists is quite high.

Most pseudo-free as in beer and most payed providers try to control
the users. Mail isn't flagged as spam by chance.

If we don't want that a provider fools us by filtering our emails, spam
us with ads, collects and sells our data, gets dmarc and Co. correct,
allows us to use MUAs without authentication complications, then we need
to establish more activists' web services.

Most non-FLOSS people I know aren't using email in private life anymore,
but they are in countless WhatsApp groups.

Regards,
Ralf

[1] Actually they are doing one thing that makes sense from the Riseup
point of view, but takes off the user's control. They remove X-Mailer
information. IIRC (I'm in favour of POP) Riseup doesn't provide IMAP,
but other activists likely run IMAP servers.