[Users] Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2

c. marlow claws at cwm030.com
Thu Mar 24 13:16:38 UTC 2022

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:03:13 +0000
Rosemary Lockie via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Thanks very much for your reply. I have Claws Mail picking up email
> successfully now, via POP (not IMAAP), thanks to yours and Chris
> Marlow's post to add my own gmail address to the TESTING list, as I'd
> been trying to establish the Project Status as "In Production"
> originally.
>
> The only issue that remained for me is that so far as my Google a/c
> is concerned it regarded it as a security issue because I'm giving
> access to a third-party application.
>
> I think I may have found a way round that now, by logging into my
> Google A/c and telling it to Dismiss their Privacy Recommendation,
> but that remains to be seen. I get the impression that Google is
> tightening up its Security requirements on a regular basis, so who
> knows how long that may last?!

I am glad that you got it to work Rosemary :)

I still cant figure out why, and I am still needing help on why I am
getting a error message at claw's launch saying my password is
incorrect.

https://imgur.com/a/7sGthhY

I followed the instructions to a T...

But when it came to the part:

"Under restricted scopes select: Gmail API, https://mail.google.com/,
Read, compose, send and permanently delete all your email from Gmail"

That part was no where to be found. I looked at all 25 options. ( 3
pages worth of API's)

I had to go to the bottom of the screen and add that scope by just
adding the line https://mail.google.com in that box and hitting ADD.

Then after I did that I was able to choose:

Gmail API, https://mail.google.com/,
Read, compose, send and permanently delete all your email from Gmail"

at the top of the screen.

I prefer Claws to Evolution and would like to keep using Claws.

TIA!
Chris