[Users] Configure Claws for IMAP GMail in Windows 10

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Wed Mar 23 11:54:36 CET 2022

Hello sgeneris,

Now that some time has passed perhaps you've managed to look at the account
preferences and answer your own questions.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 14:24:47 -0700
"sgeneris" <sgeneris at mail.com> wrote:

> If it's not the default acct, how do I deactivate the POP acct? I don't
> want to delete it as I have folders associated with it.

On the 'Receive' page of the account preferences, use the option "'Get Mail'
checks for new messages on this account".

> I have no idea why it uses 143. It's auto-configured as IMAP so doesn't it
> need to use the proper port? Why do I need to configure the port
> manually -- have no idea how.

You imply that you used the 'Auto-configure' button, but if you did then this
would have not have set the port to 143.

> I have attached the configs of both accts -- can you pls provide steps
> to change port?

I can't think of how you could have been using port 143 without setting it
yourself, so it seems that you know the answer to this question. Hint: look
at the 'Advanced' page of the account preferences. (BTW, 993 is what you
want.)

with regards

Paul