[Users] edit accounts

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun Mar 13 14:42:41 CET 2022

On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 09:16:48 -0400
LuMiWa via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> HI!
>
> I have a problem with edit accounts - compose - signature on Claws
> Mail 3.18.0 on FreeBSD 13-RELEASE. When choose to edit signature
> nothing happened.
> What should be a problem, please?
>
> Thank you.

As Paul writes, you need to set Text Editor in configuration. If you
are using FreeBSD's package or port of Claws Mail, you have editor set
probably to "gedit '%s'". If you have not installed editors/gedit, it
can't work.

Just for test, I installed x11/xedit as it required no new dependencies
and set Text Editor property to "xedit '%s'". Now it works for me.
Naturally, you can use any other editor you like, it needs to be editor
with GUI, not text/console one like vi or ee :)

Regards,
Milan