[Users] Use entered email address in action

Christoph Klassen christoph.klassen at intevation.de
Sat Mar 12 08:18:39 CET 2022

Thank you very much for your answer, Milan!

On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:05:42 +0100
Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:

> I see three options here:
>
> 1. adding some new parameter for actions, say %A - list of addresses,
> you can then define new action. No idea how much work that is.
That would mean to make changes to the source code of Claws Mail
wouldn't it?

> 2. use Python plugin and write a script using get_header_list() method
> of class ComposeWindow to extract required info and invoke command(s)
> as required. Easy if Python plugin is available in your distribution
> or you are able to build it yourself and write some scripts in Python.

I think I will look into this. Building Claws Mail and some plugins did
work for me so I should be able to do this with the Python plugin.
Furthermore, I have some experience in programming with Python. That's
why I think that I will go this way

> Others can comment more, maybe one can create a new plugin for this
> (but I think this would be an overkill)
Indeed and I don't expect this.

Greetings,
Christoph