[Users] Gmail OAUTH2 recent change

Dan Engel dengel at sourceharvest.com
Tue Jun 28 12:56:54 UTC 2022

Hello,

My oauth2 access to gmail recently stopped working (I only recently before that got it working). When I look at the scopes settings in the app I created for claws, there is this informational note (when you hover on the "i") related to the restricted scopes (which the gmail scope is one):

"Because you added restricted scopes , which grant access to highly sensitive users data, you will need to submit your app for verification. . In addition, you may need to go through an independent security review, which can cost $15-$75k"

This appears to mean I simply cannot use gmail with claws (at least for now). Has anyone else run into this? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
-Dan Engel