[Users] reply address automatic selection preference

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Mon Jun 20 07:53:16 UTC 2022

On Mon, 20 Jun 2022 08:15:17 +0100
Kasper Peeters <kasper.peeters at phi-sci.com> wrote:

> I am using the 'automatic account selection' feature when replying to
> messages, which is very useful. However, it sometimes happens that a
> message thread has multiple addresses on it to which my Claws has
> access (e.g. my own personal address and a generic 'admin' address).
> In that case, it invariably selects the wrong one to use in the
> reply... Right now it looks like the selection is based on 'first
> match' basis (in which the addresses appear in the envelope).
>
> Is there any way to e.g. always prefer the addresses in the order in
> which they appear in the account list instead?
>
> Thanks,
> Kasper

Hi,

you can tweak almost everything in Claws Mail. In my experience, for
account selection modification, using scripting plugin is the best
option. There is Python plugin, which allows message properties
manipulation on editing, part of Claws Mail. I can't use this plugin,
but I created new Lua plugin, which does the same and more, available
on request (not yet integrated into main repository).

In attachment, I am including my old python script which adjusts From:
header on reply/forward based on address where original mail was
delivered to (may not work on all mail servers, depends on which
message header is added on delivery).

Regards,
Milan