[Users] Using Claws mail and Gmail

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 16 21:31:38 CET 2022

On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 06:59:21 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I only got up to step 3 of your instructions (the attachment), .....
>
> 	    3. Click "App Passwords".
>
> and don't see such an option. Possibly that is only if using a
> phone/app ?  I'm using Firefox on Kubuntu (laptop).
>
> I did setup a recovery email in the hope one wouldn't need a phone for
> the '2 step verify' process ?

Oh, I see at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

"App Passwords can only be used with accounts that have 2-Step
Verification turned on."

and I can't setup the "2 step" (sounds like a dance) , even though one
of the methods for the '2 step verify' is an alternate/recovery email
address, which I have setup and verified.

Time to jump off this crazy merry-go-round.

Regards,

--
Peter Richards

Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those who have
been there (Lars Muhl)