[Users] Using Claws mail and Gmail

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:26:54 CET 2022

Hey there,

Peter Richards wrote:

>I thought there may be a solution at
>https://au.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/1672544-using-gmail-after-may-30-2022#answer_919574
>, however I do not want to do the "2 step verification" as I wish to
>keep the mobile phone number private.

It's necessary for setting up the protocols that are now needed for
accessing Gmail accounts with Claws Mail, but there are several
authentication options available, with only two of them requiring a
phone:

    • Google prompts, which are push notifications sent to your phone
      asking for your approval or rejection
    • a backup phone number you can use to receive text messages or
      calls that provide verification codes
     • an authenticator app that you can run on a phone or any device
       that generates verification codes
    • a security key, which is a small dedicated device that you can
      buy on Amazon or from Google that generates verification codes
    • backup codes, that you can print or download for later use from
      the Security section of your Google account

See https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839 for more
information.

--
Little Girl