[Users] Maybe OT why still GMail in use (was: Re: Using Claws mail and Gmail)

Aleks al-clawsmail at none.at
Thu Jun 16 01:10:00 CET 2022

Hi.

after weeks and weeks of reading this GMail/OAuth mails let me ask the question
"Why the GMail is still in use?".

It's a privacy nightmare and this OAuth stuff is a mess for E-Mail protocols
like IMAP and SMTP.

This is just a example article for GMail, I'm sure you will find similar
articles for Outlook, GMX and all the other "free" E-Mail provider.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/may/09/how-private-is-your-gmail-and-should-you-switch

I don't expect answers but hope to trigger some rethinking about the usage of
GMail and the other "free" E-Mail provider.

You can of course answer to me via PM so that the answers are not flooding the
Mailing list with that topic again.

Google, Microsoft and the other "free" E-Mail provider expects that the people
uses there Webinterface and not such a excellent tool like Claws-Mail.

Keep in mind that when you not paying money for a service you paying with your
data.

Regards
Alex