[Users] Using Claws mail and Gmail

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:32:11 CET 2022

Hey there,

meator wrote:

>To solve this, I have tried to follow
>https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2. One part of the
>article is a little disturbing:

>> This results in the status changing to ‘In Production’ and a new
>> section ‘Verification Status’ showing with a ‘Needs verification’
>> status, which can be safely ignored.

>When I try to do this, I am requested to provide:
>1. An official link to your app's Privacy Policy
>2. A YouTube video showing how you plan to use the Google user data
>you get from scopes
>3. A written explanation telling Google why you need access to
>sensitive and/or restricted user data
>4. All your domains verified in Google Search Console
>
>I am not willing to make a YouTube video showing how I plan to login
>to Claws mail, nor to do the other things. This solution doesn't seem
>to be usable for a single user, but please correct me if there is
>another solution to this.

You may not have to. According to Google, there are several
exceptions to that and you'll be able to bypass the verification
warning with their blessing. See the list by clicking the "Exceptions
to verification requirements" link at the top of this page:

https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/9110914#exceptions-ver-reqts&zippy=%2Cwhat-app-types-are-not-applicable-for-verification

The last I had checked, the instructions in the Claws Mail FAQ
weren't complete, so if you run into any trouble in setting this up
for Claws Mail, the link that Paul gave you will get you to the Users
Archives where you can do a search to get the most recent
information.

Note that you can also get to the Users Archives by following the
link at the bottom of any message from this list.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.