[Users] Address Book→Other Attributes?

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:50:49 CET 2022

Hey there,

Viatrix via Users wrote:

>Hi! I'm a new Claws Mail user (and I asked my question in the IRC
>chat too but got no reply there, so mailing list it is).
>
>What functionality do the Other Attributes for the entries in the
>Address Book have? I know I can set and view them, but can I like
>search by attribute? I can't find such a feature.

This message seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. I don't use
the address book, but I put an address into it and added some Other
Attributes to see what they do.

It looks like they're not searchable from within Claws Mail, but are
just there for your convenience if you want to add some type of data
that's not already available by default.

That's actually a rather intriguing feature for those of us who like
to note spouse's or children's or pet's names or wedding dates, etc.,
for our contacts. Maybe I'll start using the address book after all.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.