[Users] 3rd try: Claws Mail has stopped working

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Mon Jun 6 19:07:58 UTC 2022

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:02:12 -0700
sgeneris at comcast.net wrote:

> This is too technical for me.
>
> > What are your font settings?  Do you have specific font names set,
> > or do you use something like 'Sans Serif'?
>
> I am using whatever fonts Windows has installed and whatever CM
> has chosen by default to use.
>
> > What are you doing at the time of the crash?  Is Claws just idling,
> > or are you opening a new message?
>
> I was trying to load the program -- I can't even load. It is weird
> because it came suddenly without anything changing.

I was able to cause a crash at the same location by misspelling font
names in clawsrc and opening the font picker.  Claws still opened
correctly, though.

Can you open C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\clawsrc and
find the font entries?  There should be two groups, one under [Common]
and one under [CommonWin32].  They'll look like:

[Common]
message_font_gtk2=Monospace 9
print_font_gtk2=Monospace 9
small_font_gtk2=Sans 9