[Users] Adding latest Google Policies to Win32 Version of Claws

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Mon Jun 6 07:42:19 CET 2022

On Sun, 5 Jun 2022 09:12:52 +0100
Rosemary Lockie via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have noted Michael Rasmussen's message to say that the latest git
> version has been adopted to the latest Google policies, and have
> cloned it to investigate what changes are needed to my clone of the
> claws-win32-installer to build the Win32 version of Claws.
>
> My assessment is that I need to replace (at least) oauth2.c in
>
> ~/claws-win32-installer/packages/claws-mail-3.19.0.tar.xz
>
> with the equivalent from the latest git.
>
> However I suspect there may be other files as well?
>
> Before I embark on this, can someone please advise if it is likely to
> be as "simple", as to replace/update just a few source files?

The best way to build it would be to use the installer build system to
build Claws from git rather than a tarball.

In packages/packages.current, change the claws_mail line from:

claws_mail,3.19.0,file,https://www.claws-mail.org/releases/claws-mail-3.19.0.tar.xz,0d0c757a9975da1f97bf5309cd051c18ad6c765fefe9319276aa3a9e48229fa2,,

claws_mail,3.19.0-42-g1d816bb15,git,git://git.claws-mail.org/claws.git,4b52b65a533478723d4337ccc1b045a32ffd656de6ed7cfe4da1f3e5be7a7718,gtk2,1d816bb15

to build from current git head.

Regards,

Jonathan