[Users] 2nd try: Claws Mail has stopped working

Rosemary Lockie wishful99 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 1 05:05:50 UTC 2022

On Tue, 31 May 2022 14:25:06 -0700.
sgeneris at comcast.net wrote:

> Ed has advised me to rename the settings files.
> But he does not know Windows.
>
> Can anybody who knows CM in Windows tell me what settings files
> to rename and to what? Could that solve the problem?
>
> I am an end-user and have no idea of CM internals

Claws Settings/Definitions on Windows are can be found in your personal Users folder:

%AppData%\Claws-mail

[in my case C:\Users\Rosemary\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail]

I'm not sure what the consequences of deleting the contents of that folder would be, as
I've never tried it, but if you do that, please make a backup first, by copying the
contents somewhere safe!

Can you also tell us which of the 64-bit versions of Claws Mail you are using?

Is it version 3.19 of Claws, or Version 4.1?

In more genereal terms, you might want to do a Google search for your error message "A
problem caused the program to stop working correctly", as there could be many reasons!

Kind Regards,
Rosemary Lockie