[Users] Emacs (Re: Keyboard shortcuts...)

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Thu Jul 28 14:45:37 UTC 2022

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:57:44 -0000, Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Removing the Compose window shortcuts only is exactly what I said.

I must be missing something fundamental.

In my menurc (which is, I assume, pretty default) there are menu shortcuts.

Take, for example, this default one:

    ;(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/File/Exit" "<Primary>q")

If I (stop claws,) replace this by

    (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/File/Exit" "")

(and restart claws) my embedded Emacs does, indeed, get the Ctrl+Q passed
through as a key. Good.

But when I'm not editing messages, I can no longer terminate claws with the
familiar Ctrl+Q key.

What am I doing wrong?

-- Johan