[Users] Keyboard shortcuts...

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Mon Jul 25 08:38:54 UTC 2022

Hi,

Is there a complete list of keyboard shortcuts?
The manual has an incomplete set.

I once accidentally stumbled upon insert special characters; but now I
can't find it...

Here's a list of compose window shortcuts I did find that are not in the
manual:

Ctrl+. or Ctrl+;     Smileys & People
Ctrl+b   does NOT move character backward
Ctrl+f   does NOT move character forward; Find In Current Message
Ctrl+up  move to beginning of previous line
Ctrl+down  move to end of next line
Ctrl+left  move to start of [previous] word
Ctrl+right  move to end of [next] word
Ctrl+/   same as Ctrl+a

F6       Move between compose and destination field
F7       Show/hide cursor

Alt+a    switch to Attachments tab
Alt+d    cursor disappears
Alt-f    end of From: line
Alt+r    switch to Others tab
Alt+u    end of Subject line

Shift+Ctrl+s  Send
Shift+Ctrl+up  select to start of line and previous line**
Shift+Ctrl+down  select to end of line and next line**
Shift+Ctrl+left  select to beginning of [previous] word**
Shift+Ctrl+right  select to end of [next] word**
Shift+Ctrl+1  select to end of message
Shift+Ctrl+3  select to end of line
Shift+Ctrl+7  select to start of message
Shift+Ctrl+9  select to beginning of line

** Also Shift+Ctrl+
   up(8), down(2), left(4), right(6) regardless of NumLock state

After all this, still can't find a shortcut for Insert Special Character.
Do I need to switch Character Encoding?  Other?

Thanks,
Pierre