[Users] Oauth2 not working with Microsoft Exchange

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 12:00:58 UTC 2022

On Sun, 24 Jul 2022 13:08:16 +0200
Claudio Passerone <claudio.passerone at polito.it> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jul 2022 14:45:10 Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:12:01 +0200
> > Claudio Passerone <claudio.passerone at polito.it> wrote:
> > > Dustin, indeed you are right, there is a code in the URL, even if
> > > the page is blank. I copied it, without the rest of the URL;
> > >
> > DM: Hi, Claudio. Based on my previous experience, you need to use
> > the entire URL, not just the code within it (I'm assuming the Claws
> > code sorts out whatever needs to be sorted out.). So, that's what I
> > would advise you to try next.
>
> Dustin, you were right! I pasted the entire URL and now it is working
> fine. Thanks a lot.

DM: You're welcome, Claudio; glad to hear it! :)

> I would change a little bit the FAQ on Oauth2. In Step 4, after the
> first sentence, I would add something like:
>
> ... so Claws Mail's Client Secret field should be empty. Then click on
> "Open default browser with request" (or copy the link and paste it in
> your browser); you may be redirected to your organization login page
> and eventually end up to a blank page. The URL of this page contains
> the code. Copy the entire URL of the blank page and paste it to the
> "Authorization code" field in the Claws Mail Oauth2 preferences, and
> finally click on "Authorize".

DM: Thanks much for taking the time to write out the above text; in my
opinion, you have significantly increased the chances of I or someone
else on the list submitting a related edit to the FAQ. I remember a
'long while ago' not being able to figure out on my own how to set this
up and someone on this list gave the specific info to get it working.
But I agree, it would be much better to have it as a part of the FAQ;
hopefully it will show up there before too long.

> BTW, I'm sending this email using Oauth2, so if it gets posted,
> everything went well!!!

DM: And here I am reading it, so I guess that's your final
confirmation. ;) ---Dustin