[Users] Oauth2 not working with Microsoft Exchange

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 08:45:10 UTC 2022

On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:12:01 +0200
Claudio Passerone <claudio.passerone at polito.it> wrote:

> On 2022-07-22 14:53:49, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On 2022-07-22 19:30:21 Dustin Miller wrote:
> > > In this way the browser does not give any error message, I have to
> > > login (I'm redirected to my organization login page), and
> > > afterwards I simply get a blank page.
> > >
> > DM: This sounds familiar. If it's as I remember, you will see a
> > blank page, but there should be some contents / string in the URL /
> > address box of your browser. If my assumption is correct, you just
> > need to copy this entire text string / URL and paste it into the
> > 'Authorization Code' field on the OAuth2 page, after which you need
> > to click on the 'Authorize' button. Then (hopefully) it will start
> > working for you.
>
> Dustin, indeed you are right, there is a code in the URL, even if the
> page is blank. I copied it, without the rest of the URL;

DM: Hi, Claudio. Based on my previous experience, you need to use the
entire URL, not just the code within it (I'm assuming the Claws code
sorts out whatever needs to be sorted out.). So, that's what I would
advise you to try next. In case it's helpful to have as a sample, here
is what my authorization code looks like:

https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/nativeclient#code=0.AXYAcgknWN_LDUKBX-TWumVbt9rtn807y1VMrdGNE9hD8ZQzAAA.AQABAAIAAAD--DLA3VO7QrddgJg7WevrjtHKrXL6FGHhJ9L6CUhQbyFPxwtRYoc2Gfpa8XxaCUByWbobjFkF-z80A4V4GYDQHT8QTeIvK71aKwwqVvx3-0ItVatoeaFSPs8MJtQY_T9iuNHcFRore7tYlQcztGjWCCrCv5yF5qZ5NeCuzMTA7vn1RMDr8jpg_PgV2YDiiooE6tcV_fBfyPi3szdYoE-ThA1WwhHsMGxx2qjtES4ZUvpLfRksGU09Qs8Rgg-mkRLh__M0tr-tCMBmQA0OSkcvqjSCQ089w9rIcnwOhyyUyqK6wcYYmdGFj6x3lOHZodaRuwKsZIp_r0jvZjREo5hsHJPDuHBGusi4RPmX3tA_fO2EpUJmOygQzu4KpvSqde3uxAUcuPi2ATaYu5XOh_bT_jMn7xZVMtYB6PWHAdSH5pnxkSnUgvPqdbY7CDhxYrepOKlFZUlOkcGtJA52O7AE_6763Wmf0zzKIxtx7H8nOgiSi4SuDWVJF-PkJNJQy96sZQpxMvPrUW29-Lwaa6AL_UsSVPmKSV7SnRE81Q9K1Fmp5tcci_6luTHVYIfiLY6cAkGKZeWSTExtL-mYfX5r8MOF8TNYT9ClfX33cx6PuElhYZV-gvPqOQivHm-wmuGsNDzUtN0SxHLz7aChm8ZYinbaLYaKY6lbvc3ZU-aNC9p3VMkhX-Ye4exJGeUhO2NvacGb7myDLuWdIf98hAia9U1wecDnsrcaOKnTp18oXCAA&session_state=eb962d9b-86ae-4020-90a3-1a65dda4a479

DM: This has been working okay for me for awhile, aside from a few
non-fatal errors that have only recently started popping up everyone
once in awhile, but I'm not sure if those are even related to this.
Cheers, ---Dustin