[Users] Support for URL encoding

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sat Jul 23 17:09:35 UTC 2022

On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:38:18 -0000 Paul wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 11:40:46 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> See also https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt (2.1 and 2.4)
>
>It says,
>
>   If data for a URI component would conflict with a reserved
>   character's purpose as a delimiter, then the conflicting data must be
>   percent-encoded before the URI is formed.

Exactly; and that's what urllib.parse.quote() does.

>So how are the slashes and colon conflicting in your example?

They're not...  what you quoted refers to encoding...

What I'm talking about is how CM treats the received/encoded string...

CM treats http://  as a clickable link; but  http%3A//  and
http%3A%2F%2F  are not treated as the valid "escaped" links they are by
CM, as seen in my previous message you redacted...

HTH