[Users] Oauth2 not working with Microsoft Exchange

Claudio Passerone claudio.passerone at polito.it
Sat Jul 23 14:12:01 UTC 2022

On 2022-07-22 14:53:49, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On 2022-07-22 14:40, Claudio Passerone wrote:
> > source code of the page is empty. I don't understand what am I doing
> > wrong. Does anybody have the same problem, or is there a fix?
> >
> Try build the version from git since this has a number of fixes. I
> use the version myself without problems.
>
> Regarding redirect URL: This is configured in source and you should
> not be required to change it.
>
> https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/nativeclient is
> definitely wrong since this is the old way of doing it.

Michael, I tried compiling version 4.1.0, it was pretty long since I
had to install lots of dev libraries, but at the end I succeeded.
However, it still requires the nativeclient URI rather than the
127.0.0.1 one. I also tried installing 4.1.0 on Windows using the
precompiled package, and the result is the same. By the way, when I add
the 127.0.0.1 URI on Azure, there is no checkbox to click, like for the
predefined ones; I simply assume that not selecting the others leaves
only this one active.

On 2022-07-22 19:30:21 Dustin Miller wrote:
> > In this way the browser does not give any error message, I have to
> > login (I'm redirected to my organization login page), and afterwards
> > I simply get a blank page.
> >
> DM: This sounds familiar. If it's as I remember, you will see a blank
> page, but there should be some contents / string in the URL / address
> box of your browser. If my assumption is correct, you just need to
> copy this entire text string / URL and paste it into the
> 'Authorization Code' field on the OAuth2 page, after which you need
> to click on the 'Authorize' button. Then (hopefully) it will start
> working for you.

Dustin, indeed you are right, there is a code in the URL, even if the
page is blank. I copied it, without the rest of the URL; it is a 1014
character code, it seems pretty long. I put it in the Authorization
code field in Claws Mail, and clicked on Authorize, bur nothing
happens. The network log says that the code is missing, and it is not
working. Receiving and sending email fails, and again the network log
says that the code is missing.

Ciao, Claudio.