[Users] More on the current message and folder coloration

Andreas Fink finkandreas at web.de
Thu Jul 21 08:27:06 UTC 2022

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 23:41:24 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2022-07-20 at 08:33 +0200, Darko K. wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 10:30:54 -0400 Little Girl wrote:
> >
> > > Hey there,

> > > Yep. I've attached a screenshot of how it looks in Claws Mail 4.0.0
> > > under Kubuntu 22.04 LTS using the Breeze GTK theme for GTK
> > > applications. My other GTK programs don't exhibit this issue, so I
> > > can't troubleshoot it there.
> > >
> > I had similar issue when I switched to GTK3 port of Claws Mail many
> > moons ago. I fixed it by creating $HOME/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css :
> > $ cat ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
> > *:selected {
> >     background-color: #c85d0d;
> > }
> >
> > It is a shade of orange, change it to your liking. I don't know how it
> > affects other GTK3 apps, or if it can be changed to affect only Claws
> > Mail.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Darko
>
> Thanks Darko!
>
> I only want to do this with Claws-Mail because other GTk apps change the foreground
> color for the selected item. So, would the following work for changing this only on
> Claws?
>
> claws-mail:selected {
>     background-color: #c85d0d;
> }
>
> Thanks,
>
> SteveT

I don't think your approach would work, but (at the moment the widgets
are named "folderview_sctree" and "summaryview_sctree", i.e. you can
have something like this in your gtk.css:

/* ClawsMail styling */
#folderview_sctree:selected,#summaryview_sctree:selected {
    background-color: #c2dcff;
}

Drawback: If internally the widgets are renamed, this stylesheet will
fail.
This will apply the correct styling, with the exception of the
folderview when there are unread messages (to be more precise: when the
bold-style would be used). In a previous email I've sent a screenshot
where the wrong background would be applied in the folderview.

Cheers
Andreas