[Users] Disable IPv6

Marco mo01 at posteo.de
Sat Jul 16 08:53:35 UTC 2022

Am Fri, 15 Jul 2022 20:01:15 -0400
schrieb Edward <epp at caramail.com>:

> I am testing out other Linux OS' in virtual machines, which only
> provides IPv4. One of the IMAP servers accessed, pretty much forces an
> IPv6 connection and with Claws, it's been hit-or-miss. 99% of the
> time, it's a miss and the Network Log always shows 'connection
> refused'.

It is not an Ipv6 problem, it is a problem of this server. If you use a
domain name like imap.example.org there can be an A and a AAAA record
set. If the AAAA record (IPv6 address) is set, the IMAP server service
(like Cyrus, Dovecot etc.) MUST also listen on that IPv6 address on the
same port as it does for IPv4. It is a problem with that server, so
please tell that the server operator.