[Users] From address tooltip (was Wrong email sender)

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Jul 14 16:44:36 UTC 2022

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 16:38:42 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 16:50:21 +0100
> Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > On closer
> > examination, it turns out that the 'hot' spot of the pointer only causes
> > the display of the correct person when it's in the top half of that line.
> > Anywhere in the lower half, then the wrong address is displayed in the
> > tool tip.
>
> I don't see that. Here, the location of the centre of the cursor always shows
> the correct info in the tooltip. But maybe this is the same thing; but my
> focus is in the centre and yours on the extremities of the cursor.
>
> Who knows? :)

I think I know. If I place the tip of my arrow cursor on the lower half
of Brad's post entry in the summaryview then it shows Paul's email
address, and the same with it in the upper half of Paul's entry. If I
move it to the lower half of Paul's entry then nothing displays.

The cursor thinks that the lines are offset by half the line spacing
upwards. I sort mail by newest at the bottom, I don't know if it's
different if I reverse the order.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde