[Users] One of those mails which locks up Claws-Mail

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Mon Jan 31 09:40:44 CET 2022

On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 12:05:11 +1100
Liz Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> I've just had one email lock up Claws-Mail.
> It's a text email.
> I've run Claws-Mail with the debug flag and collected the output, and
> viewed the offending mail with 'less'.
>
> I really am not sure why this mail has stopped all Claws activity, and
> left me with a white screen.
>
> I am willing to share the full data with a developer if required.

You can send the message to me (using 'forward as attachment'), but I don't
expect to have any problem here to view the message. That's because every
other 'problem' message that I have been sent has always opened fine here.

As I've said before, the problem must be in one of the dependencies.

I note that you are using version 3.17.8 of claws-mail, which is an old
version. This leads me to think that the dependent libraries on your system
are also old versions.

with regards

Paul