[Users] Bogo filter

Gil Weber gilweber at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:08:07 UTC 2022

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 15:26:40 +0100
Michael Rasmussen via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 09:11:41 -0500
> Gil Weber <gilweber at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I checked plugins/bogofilter and see this:
> >
> > > You will need Bogofilter installed locally.
> >
> > Sorry, but I do not know how to determine if I have Bogofilter
> > installed locally. If it is installed locally by default then it's a
> > mystery to me why I continue to get the popup message (as I did
> > previously using Mint 19.0 and training hundreds of messages over
> > many months but nothing changed.)
> >

> From the command line run this command:
> dpkg --get-selections | grep bogofilter
>
> If you get no output then simply run this command:
> sudo apt install bogofilter

Michael, thanks. After getting nothing from the first command I ran the
second and bogofilter installed.

Then I opened Claws-Mail. The same warning message about
"training" came up. Does that mean only NOW I can start marking
messages as "spam" or "ham" to train bogofilter?

And everything I've marked in the past is of no use? Correct?

Thanks.  :o)