[Users] Oddity: Recent upgrade to claws leaves my external editor with a blank page

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Sun Jan 9 20:43:36 UTC 2022

> The "tmpfile.*" contains the full email message including headers.
> The "tmpmsg.*" contains the extracted message body passed to the
> external editor.

Problem for me is that the tmpmsg is invariably empty. I'll run it
interactively and tee the output, see if there are any nastygrams.
Other than that, the next step is strace, I guess, which is going to
get ugly with all of the X11 calls mixed in.

The built-in editor gets content, it's the external editor that
ends up with empty input (guessing the built-in editor is accessing
the tmpfile?) so the only thing I can think of is a botched setting
somewhere that is leaving the message body empty.

--
Steven Lembark
Workhorse Computing
lembark at wrkhors.com