[Users] Sylpheed vs CLAWS

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Jan 8 19:55:47 UTC 2022

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 13:24:11 -0600, c. marlow wrote:

> I really don't notice a difference between the two besides Syl can do HTML emails right out of the box and the weird way you gotta reply to an email. Lots of mouse useage!!!!

HTML processing in an email client is not wanted everywhere, and only
plugins make it possible to reduce installation dependency bloat. Also,
there are alternative HTML rendering plugins for Claws Mail.

> Oh, I noticed that Syl pops up a notification when a new email comes in.. I want to say that you have to have a plug in for that feature to work in CLAWS?

That is not a disadvantage considering how many plugins are part of the
Claws Mail program package.

> I like how in Sylpheed I can only turn on only the columns that I need
> like UNREAD and TOTAL

Right-click on the folder column headers to achieve the same thing in Claws
Mail.