[Users] oauth2 problem with GMail

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Tue Jan 4 16:37:44 UTC 2022

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 10:26:29 -0600
"c. marlow" <claws at cwm030.com> wrote:

> So are you saying that app passwords expire after awhile?
>
> I thought that app passwords were good until you go into your 2 step
> settings and delete it and set the password back up?
>
> I haven't seen anywhere, where it says 2 step passwords expire.
> Interesting.....

It is not a password you enter into the password field it is an access
token. The password is entered at your service providers designated
place where you are redirected to renew your access token.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
<dark> Turns out that grep returns error code 1 when there are no
matches. I KNEW that.  Why did it take me half an hour?
		-- Seen on #Debian