[Users] Question on Claws-mail with Outlook for institutional email

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 18:59:08 UTC 2022

Hi Luca,

I think this login may now be resolved, but just to confirm that the
ClientID give previously does work - I've just tried it for a personal
Outlook account. The difference between the personal Outlook and
Exchange is the permissions they seek to access the email:

Outlook seeks permissions
"wl.imap offline_access"

Exchange seeks permissions
"https://graph.microsoft.com/Mail.ReadWrite
https://graph.microsoft.com/Mail.Send offline_access"

The imap server mentioned in the error "outlook.office365.com" is the
same one I have set up for personal Outlook mail. Should this be
different for an Exchange connection? Often an exchange server will have
an imap address within the domain of the organization rather than at
Microsoft. Could that be the issue?

Best regards, David.