[Users] Print Date, Subject, From, To when printing email

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Tue Feb 22 17:00:35 UTC 2022

Hi Paul,

That is the first thing I did. I've been using Claws Mail for years and test
new developer versions regularly.

More specifically, the problem appears when printing HTML messages. It doesn't
seem to matter whether I'm using a LiteHTML, fancy or dillo plugin to display
HTML messages - when printing, ONLY the message area is printed and NONE of the
headers print.

It seems to me (I'm a long time software developer) that when printing HTML,
the Claws print routine would have to extract the headers from the text part
of the email and concatenate the HTML message portion to the printout. (I
haven't looked at the code so I'm only guessing).

This is an urgent matter for me (I'm doing some legal work where FROM, TO,
SUBJECT and DATE are critical) - so I'm doing a crappy workaround by
displaying the message acquired by Claws in kwrite, trimming the excess
headers, etc. and printing from kwrite).

Best,
Lyle
--
On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:37:11 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 18:14:32 -0800
> Lyle Bickley <lbickley at bickleywest.com> wrote:
>
> > How do I change the print format to include not only the default message
> > contents, but include the Date, Subject, From and To fields in the header
> > of the printout?
>
> The displayed headers are printed, so you change what is displayed.
>
> Go to /Configuration/Preferences/Message View/Text Options, check the box for
> 'Display headers in message view', click the Edit button, choose which
> headers to want to see in the dialogue which is shown.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

73   NM6Y
Bickley Consulting West