[Users] can't click on Firefox e-mail links and open the Claws-Mail compose window -- UPDATED INFO

Gil Weber gilweber at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 02:08:26 UTC 2022

Dustin (and list), forgive me for butchering this reply inserted into
your much appreciated comments. Mine are marked as Gil:
Thank you.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 07:35:14 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 19:41:50 -0500
> Gil Weber <gilweber at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ... Is the answer in the different Claws-Mail versions?
> >
> DM: That's where I would look first.
> >
> > ... I am using Mint 20.2 with Claws-Mail 4.0.0 (flatpak). When I
> > click on an e-mail link in Firefox 97.0.1 the main Claws-Mail
> > screen opens, not the compose window.
> >
> > ... setting up Firefox email links in the about:config screen.
> >
> > network.protocol-handler.app.mailto	claws-mail  ("string")
> >
> DM: I would look into this, as you possibly need a different string
> here. The terminal output of 'info claws-mail' may help you here,

Gil: here is the output of 'info claws-mail'  Does this indicate
anything I'm not understanding?

gil at phred:~$ info claws-mail
info: No menu item 'claws-mail' in node '(dir)Top'
gil at phred:~$

> DM: perhaps Claws' online documentation, and you may need to check out
> some generic flatpak info or some that's specific to the Claws
> flatpak (that would be with the flatpak maintainer though, rather
> than here). If you still have a non-flatpak version of Claws
> installed on your system as well, you may want to check which one is
> actually getting opened when you click on the link; that might also
> give you a data point for figuring out the string you need.

Gil: Only running the flatpak version of Claws-Mail on the desktop
where I'm having the problem. Running the "original" version (NOT
Flatpak) of Claws-Mail on the laptop.