[Users] RSSyl feed changing name

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Feb 2 23:17:10 CET 2022

On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 04:31:08PM -0000, sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
> CM 3.17.8 on debian 11 (thaddt's the version that comes with debian
> bullseye)
>
> I use RSSyl. I have 1 feed whose name always change to the title of the
> last feed. This only happens with only 1 feed, I have a dozen others and
> no problem, just one.
>
> The settings are identical (except for the url) to my other feeds.
>
> Here's the screenshot of the settings.
>
> https://imgur.com/9jN6Qzy.png
>
> Is this a bug that I will have to live with until upgrade or am I
> doing something wrong?

Excerpt from the RSS XML from the URL in your screenshot:

<channel>
  <title>Why Manufacturers Make a Specific Camera Lens</title>
  <item>
    <title>Why Manufacturers Make a Specific Camera Lens</title>

So, yes, if intended it's an unfortunate feature of the feed generator,
otherwise just a mistake.

Not sure it can be called a bug, because technically nothing in the
specification¹ precludes you from changing the channel title as often as
you want.

regards,

¹ https://validator.w3.org/feed/docs/rss2.html
--