[Users] [feature suggestion] use a more specific subject tag

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Feb 2 08:53:19 CET 2022

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 09:33:14 +0100
Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:
answering Norwid Behrnd

> > Hi,
> >
> > there is no single format pleasing everyone. That's it.
> >
> > > A couple of days ago, I subscribed to this user list and noticed
> > > the subject line of the messages always uses the tag `[Users]`,
> > > on

I'm English language moderator for another project and mind three
mailing lists which use Mailman software. The person with moderator
rights can set those headers like [Users].
Those lists ran for years without an addition to the headers. Easy for
me, I filter on List-Id and all of my mails are in the correct boxes
for me.
However about half of the mailing list didn't have sophisticated mail
clients and wanted something in the header. About two years ago I
decided to add the marker [XYZ] which resulted in complaints for about
2 weeks then everyone just got used to the change. One thing that was
important was not making it too long, because people reading mail on
phones don't have real estate on the screen.

Claws-Mail users may not always be using Claws-Mail to read their mail,
screen real estate could be important to them also.

Liz