[Users] [users] [feature suggestion] use a more specific subject tag

Norwid Behrnd nbehrnd at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 08:11:24 CET 2022

Hello,

I would like to suggest a change in the format of the subject line
for messages in this board.

A couple of days ago, I subscribed to this user list and noticed the
subject line of the messages always uses the tag `[Users]`, on
occasion with an additional, optional one like `[Feature wish]`.
Because I'm not sure if these are automatically set, or by a
moderator of this list, this mail uses them manually set.

However, instead of the currently used tag `[Users]`, I would like to
suggest one which is more specific and easier to recognize as
belonging to this project: `[Claws Mail]`, or `[Claws Mail][users]`.
If adopted, this pattern would allow to tag, to retrieve, to
(automatically) filter/move entrant messages in claws mail with a
check of the subject line.

As an illustration, filing an issue for the GitHub hosted project
OpenBabel[1] yields emails with a tag in the pattern of
`[openbabel/openbabel]` in the subject line.  Sourceforge-hosted
Jmol[2] broadcasts emails to the subscribers with `[Jmol-users]`, the
discussion board of Fortran-lang[3] uses `[Fortran-lang]` (only
visible in the emails, not when visiting the forum's web site).  It
is a personal preference of mine to identify messages /by topic/
prior to filtering/moving, rather than by query of the message's
header line `To:`.

What is your perspective about this?

Norwid

[1] https://github.com/openbabel/openbabel