[Users] Migrating account authentication from basic POP to OAuth2

Paul Rolland rol at witbe.net
Sat Dec 31 11:55:56 UTC 2022

Hello,

On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 22:14:12 +0100
Paul Rolland <rol at witbe.net> wrote:

> It suddenly stopped working :(

Interestingly, the same OAUTH2 authentication on SMTP works, so I can send
emails, but not receive them.
As this is the same accoumt, I would think that the "authentication tokens"
used for the OAUTH2 on POP3 and SMTP are / should be the same, and that
would rather be an issue Microsoft side ?
My knowledge of OAUTH2 mechanism is NULL, so I can only speculate on that :(

Anyway, just in case, I've reported the issue to Microsoft... Not sure
it'll help, but except redoing the whole authentication process from
scratch (and then risk losing the ability to send mails), I really don't
know what else I can do.

Best,