[Users] Collapse all folders?

slitt at troubleshooters.com slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Dec 23 19:19:02 UTC 2022

>Is there a way to make Claws collapse all folders under a folder when
>you close it?  I have looked at the Preference options and didn't see
>anything.

I would love to see such a feature. Imagine how handy it would be to
have one hotkey to collapse the whole tree, as well as hotkeys to
expand a subtree and collapse a subtree. And for extra credit, a hotkey
to show only folders with new messages.

I have 390 folders and subfolders, which I think is atypical of
most Claws users. If I had only 20 folders, I wouldn't need such a
feature. But for those of us with over 60 folders and subfolders, such
features would be very handy.

In the absence of this feature, here's something I've found very handy:

When I move or copy an email, a "select folder" window comes up. If I
start typing the name of a folder, the highlight goes to the first
folder containing what I typed. If I type enough, the single
folder needed is highlighted, and hitting Enter completes the move or
copy (except it's later necessary to say "yes" to "process marks?").

Where it gets tricky if there are two folders with the same name. For
instance, I have an account.pub-forum, which sorts after, and an
account.OLDFOLDERS.pub-forum, which sorts before. If I want to select
the latter one, I need to type enough to identify, and then very
quickly, while the field to type text in remains, press the down arrow
to get the second one (or press it twice to get to the third one, etc).
The existence of this feature relieves about 90% of my need for an
outlining feature either in the folder tree or the "select folder"
window.

HTH,

SteveT