[Users] Migrating account authentication from basic POP to OAuth2

Paul Rolland rol at witbe.net
Wed Dec 21 18:13:11 UTC 2022

Hello,

A quick report: migration from basic auth (Pop3) and Auth Login (SMTP) to
OAUTH2 on a M365 tenant completed without any problem.

If someone is interested in some screenshots of the M365 configuration
(Azure AD), I can take some (and blur some data ;)), let me know.

Also, in the Step 4, the FAQ states:
  "copy the full URL you were redirected to into the Authorisation code
   field"

I didn't have to, it was already done. But the Authorize button was greyed
out, I had to click "Apply" "Ok", and reopen the configuration page to have
access to that button (but then the Network log reported that I was already
authorized 😊️).

> Sorry, I  should have used the more formal 'If one uses "12345"...', my
> comment was a general comment and not directed at you specifically.

No offense, don't worry.

> My purpose was to register a refutation of the security myth pushed by
> microsoft, gmail, et al.

Seconded.

Best,