[Users] Migrating account authentication from basic POP to OAuth2

Paul Rolland rol at witbe.net
Mon Dec 19 08:02:10 UTC 2022

Hello,

End of year is approaching, and so is the deprecation of basic
authentication for POP and IMAP on the M365 infrastructure. So, it's really
time to switch to OAuth2.

I've prepared the M365 environment according to the FAQ
(https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2)
and I'm now ready for the final step... but there are some questions.

My account is configured as POP, but where can I explain that I want to
switch from Basic auth to OAuth2 ? The only place I can see some kind of
choice is in:
Account > Receive
by selecting "Authenticate before POP" and then OAuth2.

Is that the way to do it ?

Or should I create a new account, replicate all the settings from by Basic
Auth to the OAuth one, and once it works, remove the "old" one ?

Best,